Many leaders still hang on to outdated beliefs from the industrial era. Some of these outdated and counter-productive beliefs include:
- The only thing that matters is the bottom line
- Employees are resources to be controlled and manipulated
- All we have to do is what the customer wants us to do
- I have all the answers and will tell people what to do
Successful leaders operate under another set of beliefs that enables them to create and maintain sustainable business success. These beliefs include:
- Having a Core Purpose beyond profit
- Our Core Values guide our decisions and actions
- We must balance Results and Relationships
- We harness the collective intelligence of the team through engagement
- Innovation is about addressing undiscovered needs not responding to requested wants
Take a moment and reflect on your own beliefs. Do you have counter-productive beliefs you should modify? Do you operate with the 5 beliefs of success?
Let me know what other success beliefs you have not mentioned above.